Due to the demographic, social, and economic changes in Europe, workforce is becoming more and more diverse. In the face of such a workforce diversity, it becomes important for national and global companies to put in place policies and practices to build an inclusive and harmonious workplace, to adopt working environment where each employee would feel dignified regardless to his/her ethnicity, religious views, social status or age, and to integrate them into mainstream personnel. Effective Diversity Management can produce significant benefits in terms of recruitment and staff retention, creativity, problem-solving, and customer engagement. Companies can increase their profit margins through efficiency savings and innovation, while at the same time employed individuals benefit as well, which leads to increased levels of job satisfaction and employee loyalty.
- Raising awareness, informing, and communicating: the Diversity Charter and the Guide
- The Diversity Management and Inclusion Training Program
- The On-line Collaborative Platform
THE PROJECT IS INNOVATIVE IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- The Diversity Charter is a new phenomenon in the partner countries: Launching Diversity Charters in partner countries will become a qualitative leap brining individual diversity initiatives to a higher level. This would be a great step forward, as the signatory companies will publicly commit to implementing policies, strategies, or measures to enhance working environments so they are free of prejudice regarding employment inclusion, training, and promotion of different groups.
- In order to ensure continued inclusion of different employees, it is important to embed the principles of Diversity and Inclusion in each human resources management process, including adult education processes. Therefore, step-by-step training of HR managers and adult educators who teach future managers become of crucial importance.
- It provides an innovative program for training HR Managers and adult educators. This training is a significant tool for professional development that extends beyond the conventional boundaries of typical trainings, offering a series of online activities, tools, practices, and interactions. The consortium recognizes that the right to diversity should be incorporated not only in the entire range of processes, strategies, and actions of the companies but in its corporate culture and the society in general. Systematic respect for this principle contributes to the creation of an open and productive working environment, where employees are leaders, responsible, active, dignified, motivated, and ready for initiatives.
- To launch, host, and manage the National Diversity Charter in partner countries, which will create awareness, go a long way towards managing diversity, and promote inclusion.
- To develop and disseminate a Practical Guide, approaches, and activities that will support inclusion and diversity and ultimately reduce discrimination and social inequality within the workplace and wider society.
- To provide training and professional development to managers, HR, personnel specialists, and adult educators, equipping them with the necessary knowledge, attitudes and competences to successfully manage and support diversity and inclusion at the workplace;
- To provide an OER platform that enables the target group and stakeholders to develop networks of practitioners who implement diversity management and inclusion practices, measures and/or policies.
Projekta tīmkeļvietne www.dimain.eu
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This website and all its contents reflect the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
[Project Number: 2017-1-LT01-KA202-035236]